COMPASS GROUP BELGILUX
COMPASS GROUP attaches particular importance to privacy rights and the protection of your privacy.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018.
This regulation is universally applicable within Europe and provides additional protection for one of the most important fundamental freedoms: the respect of privacy.
Personal data include all information relating to a person on the basis of which the person in question could be directly or indirectly identified.
COMPASS GROUP’s commitment
COMPASS GROUP ensures the utmost protection of your personal data, taking the following principles into account:
- Your personal data are processed in a lawful, appropriate and transparent manner.
- Your personal data are collected for specific, expressly defined and justified purposes.
- Your personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are being processed.
- Your personal data are accurate and updated where necessary.
- Your personal data will not be stored longer than is required to accomplish the purposes for which they are being processed.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken to guarantee the protection of your personal data.
You can use the COMPASS GROUP website without disclosing your identity.
Which categories of personal data are processed by COMPASS GROUP and for what purposes?
When you use the contact form on the website or for an e-tool, you will be asked to provide a number of personal data to COMPASS GROUP.
By using these services you consent to the processing of the data which your provided.
However, COMPASS GROUP will not use your personal data for direct marketing or profiling.
Storage of personal data
The personal data obtained will be stored for the time required to meet the objectives for which they were collected.
COMPASS GROUP also has a specific retention policy in this regard, which varies depending on the type and nature of the data acquired.
Transfer of data to third parties
COMPASS may transfer or share personal data with other companies should this be required to satisfy the purpose of processing or should it be required by law or regulations.
To the extent that these data are shared with third parties or suppliers, steps will be taken to ensure sufficient safeguarding of your personal data.
Cooperation with third-party companies or suppliers only takes place to the extent that these parties operate in accordance with the legal provisions relating to privacy and data protection.
- You are at all times entitled to obtain information from COMPASS GROUP on the personal data that have been or are being processed.
- You may request access to specific information regarding the processing of your data at any time.
- You are entitled to have your data corrected where your personal data has been shown to be incorrect or incomplete.
- You may also request that your data be transferred.
- You are also always entitled to request the deletion of your personal data or that restricted processing of your data be applied.
- Finally, you are entitled at all times to request that data processing be terminated.
Security of personal data and data breaches
COMPASS GROUP is responsible for the processing of your personal data and has therefore taken the necessary measures as regards security and confidentiality.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken to ensure security and confidentiality.
In addition, we only work with processors which are able to provide sufficient guarantees in terms of technical and organisational security measures.
COMPASS GROUP regularly conducts internal and external audits on effective compliance with these measures.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
As the data controller for personal data COMPASS GROUP is responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations on personal data protection.
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at COMPASS GROUP:
- by e-mail: GDPR@compass-group.be
- telephone: +32 2 243 22 11 Attn: DPO
- by post: Haachtsesteenweg 1179 - 1130 Brussels